Tuesday, July 7, 2015

I Need Something

I really need to find something to do with all my spare time right now, that doesn't include spending money...or cleaning.
I should actually clean.  My kitchen floor is filthy.  But every time I get the urge to do it, I don't have the energy.  I don't have the energy to do much at all right now, actually.
Except for lay around a swimming pool.  That would be fantastic.  Anyone got a pool I can use?  Anyone?  *crickets*  Damn...I could take the girls to Hershey and just laze around their pool.  But that requires driving up there...and that involves gas.  Gas = money...and usually food, too because once I get to an amusement park with all the fried food odors cleansing my nose...I will need to eat.
This kid...has no set stone on cravings.  The other night Jeff and I were laying in bed, almost 1 AM, he had to work the next day...and I say, "I could really go for some baked macaroni and cheese...and buffalo chicken."  He agreed that buffalo chicken sounded good, and left to go to Sheetz (the only place that sells both pre-made at that hour).  And then we spent the next two hours chowing down and finishing season 4 of Game of Thrones.
Although in his defense, I let him call off work the next day.  3 hours of sleep wouldn't have worked well.
4th of July was a little rough this year...it rained most of the day, which matched my mood.  Would have been my mom's birthday...the first one without her here.  Baked Jack Daniels Cupcakes and went over to my dad's to share, but he wasn't home.  Never did tell me where he went.  So we went to my grandma and brother's house and shared cupcakes with them.  My brother made yummy chocolate peanut butter brownies so we got our sugar on, and just relaxed and talked for awhile.  Him and I have gotten a lot closer lately, and I'm glad.  He was my best friend growing up, then I became a bratty teenager and we grew apart.
The cupcakes were a test run for what I'm planning on making for the wedding.  They turned out good, but you can definitely tell they have JD in them, so I'll be buying a small cake for the kids and me.  I used cream cheese icing this time around, but I think I'll test with vanilla next time.  The cupcakes have a strong taste, which is amazing, but it doesn't blend as well with an icing that also has a strong flavor.
Jeff gets his loan check within the next couple weeks, and once we get that wedding payments/planning will be in full swing.  I have everything mostly planned, just haven't had the finances to pay for it.  We're going to the hotel on my birthday for dinner with my maid of honor, so her and I can get a layout plan, find out about seating for the reception, and pay for the catering for the reception.
I plan on getting this cake for those of us that can't eat the alcohol filled concoctions I'll be baking:


Only I'll probably do red/black for the outer frosting to go with the reception theme colors, and then just do the inside frosting either pink or blue.
I'm 7 weeks now, I'll be 20 weeks the first week of October so by then I'll find out what I'm having.  May be the hardest secret for me to keep until the end of October when we get married, but I really wanna announce it to everyone at the reception.  That way no one can say, "Well he or she knew before I did, what the hell?!"  Not that I've experienced that at any point in my last three pregnancies (note the sarcasm?).  
One thing I HATE this pregnancy...is preggo brain!  Seriously, I have never felt so forgetful in my life!!  I asked Jeff to stop at the store (well, my phone auto-corrected to sell our door...) for two things, milk.  He was like, and what else?  Ummmm, my brain forgets, I think just milk.  Luckily, I remembered the second thing, soda...just as he was leaving the store.  Ugh, so frustrating.
We were running around yesterday, trying to find a barber shop that was open (since when are barber shops NOT open on a Monday?!).  We stopped at the mall and of course I meandered into Children's Place.  Found this adorable little sleeper for $4.80 and had to get it.


Boy or girl, this baby will wear race car jammies!  Was a little nervous because they're newborn size (up to 7 lbs) and let's face it, my kids came out weighing more than that.  But maybe it'll get a week's use when it's first born.  Guess that means I'll have to do laundry more than once a week now, damn.
I'd say I have high hopes for a smaller baby, but check this:


This would be my adorable little 6-week bump.  Yeah, I'm competing with a friend who is due in a month, and only growing bigger by the day, so I don't think this baby is going to be small.  He/she likes to eat.
And what can make a pregnant girl happier than free food?  Seriously.  If you haven't signed up for BzzAgent yet, I highly recommend it!  This site has campaigns where top brand names send you free stuff and you get to test it out (and keep it) and review!  The more active you are in the campaign, the better your chances of getting referred to others.  The first one I got to complete last year right before Christmas was for Hasbro!  I got three popular games for the kids to play, including Monopoly Jr.
Well, they emailed me a couple weeks ago saying I'd been chosen for a campaign by Bon Appétit™. 





I get one free pizza, plus coupons for $1 off to give out to friends and family (and unsuspecting people at the grocery store) who may be interested in trying them.  They have a bacon trio pizza, and I think it has my name on it.  I seriously can't wait to go grocery shopping this weekend to pick up my free pizza and try it!  The reviews I've read so far are all positive.
I'll write an official blog review when I pick mine up and try it.
And I'll include a special post of my Jack Daniels cupcake recipe for those interested in trying it!


1 comment:

  1. Watch the videos on youtube - videodl.cc
    Videos on youtube - videodl.cc. Watch videos on youtube. Videos on youtube - download youtube to mp3 videodl.cc. Watch videos on youtube. Videos on youtube. Videos on youtube.

    ReplyDelete