Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Ipsy Subscription: July Glam Bag


Since every other blog seems to be a review site, I figured to kill some boredom, I might as well do a few reviews per month, since I subscribe to the Ipsy Glam bag and Jeff subscribes to Loot Crate.

This month, in my Ipsy bag, I did receive two extra items which I had purchased with points I'd been saving up.  Through Ipsy, you earn points through reviews and referrals.  I haven't referred anyone, but in the months that I've subscribed to Ipsy I've done reviews on all the products I've received and had saved up over 1,000 points.  If you're interested, click the picture...you can be my first referral! (Hey, a girl's gotta try lol).
So this month, my glam bag includes:  Bodyography Natural Finish Face Bronzer (2.5 oz, purchased for 500 points), Coolway Beachy Salt Spray (0.5 oz), Eau Thermale Avène Cleanance Gel Soapless Cleanser (0.84 oz), Aurora Gel Effect Nail Polish (Color:  4 Alarm Fire, 0.4 oz), Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Lip Balm (Color:  Ruby, 0.16 oz), Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics 2-in-1 Shadow/Liner (Color:  Bronze, 0.10 oz), and Buxom Eyeshadow Bar Single Eyshadow (Color:  Gold Status, 0.05 oz, purchased for 500 points).
I wanted this bag to be special since my birthday is in a week and a half.  What better treat than a present to yourself?
Before I even dig in and try out the products, I like to see how I've done, value-wise, by doing a little googling!
First up, Bodyography Natural Finish Face Bronzer.  I received a 2.5 oz sample.  Upon going to their website, I discovered 2.5 oz isn't a sample at all.  That is a full-sized tube of bronzer, which they sell for $27!  SCORE!
Next:  
Coolway Beachy Salt Spray.  I received a 0.5 oz sample.  Their full-sized container is 3.3 oz and sells for $12.95.  Do the math and that means the sample I received should cost about $1.96.
Next up:  Eau Thermale Avène Cleanance Gel Soapless Cleanser.  This bottle confuses me a bit, because the only English printed on it says "Hypoallergenic" and "Free Sample".  The rest is in French, and it's been a very long time since I've taken a French class!  Anyways, my sample is 0.84 oz and their full-sized bottle is 6.76 oz and sells for $20.  That would equal $2.49 for my "free sample"...
Next:  Aurora Gel Effect Nail Polish in 4 Alarm Fire.  I couldn't verify the amount in the full-sized bottle, but normally a nail polish you receive with Ipsy is full-sized.  This one would appear to be as well.  Right now, it's on sale for $7.99, regularly priced at $12.
What Next?  Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Lip Balm in Ruby.  This one, again I couldn't verify if what I received was a full-sized product or not, but my judgment based off their website leans toward yes, another full-sized product.  Price?  $14.
The next product:  Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics 2-in-1 Shadow/Liner in Bronze.  I was quite curious about this product because I've never heard of the company name before, and let's be honest...I giggled when I heard it.  Turns out, they're a cruelty-free company in Italy and this particular piece is made completely out of beeswax.  Interesting!  Well, yet another full-sized piece (I got lucky this month!!), valued at $16.
Lastly, my final points purchase:  Buxom Eyeshadow Bar Single Eyshadow in Gold Status.  This was another full-sized product, and came with the eyeshadow try (which I was not aware, but this piece is typically sold separately).  The eyeshadow bar comes in at $12, the tray an additional $2 for a total of $14.

So the total of in-bag items (assuming that "free sample" wasn't free, and the nail polish was on sale when purchased) would be $42.44.  Add the items that I purchased with my points and the grand total is $83.44.  It's a great day to be me in Ipsy world!  :D
Now when I try some of these fantastic products (because my face is already made up today), I will post my reviews and let y'all know if you need to head to Sephora and splurge!

No comments:

Post a Comment