Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Bon Appetit!


As I mentioned in a previous blog entry, BzzAgent gave me the opportunity to try out this new brand of frozen pizza, Bon Appetit.  What could sound better to a pregnant woman than free pizza, right?  Well...
Last Friday, went to do my normal grocery shopping at the Giant Foods in my hometown.  I got to the freezer section and found this brand of pizza.  I'd done some research so I was going in with this expectation of walking out with a trio bacon pizza.  This brand makes five varieties.  Who would want to guess what flavor my local store didn't carry?  Yep, my trio bacon.  Start of heartbreak here.
My daughters chose a pepperoni and pesto pizza, and like normal I picked out a second pizza...hubby and I are huge pizza fans so we normally get our grub on.  I grabbed a mozzarella and pesto for us, since I know he's not a big veggies-on-my-pizza fan.
Get home, have those pizzas sitting in the fridge all weekend (thanks to morning sickness, food slipped to the bottom of my must-need list for a couple days).  Last night I finally pulled those suckers out of the freezer.  Hubby was home from work early, it's the start of a week of mandatory overtime for him, and I go back to work next week so figured we'd have one last evening of cuddling, eating pizza and Netflix before all hell breaks loose!
Heat the oven to 425 and pop them in, 12 minutes later they're done.  Not bad, Digiorno normally averages about 20 minutes so I'm happy with a shorter cook time!  Although the size comparison...a Digiorno pizza normally takes up almost all of my pizza pan; these...well, not so much.
So I cut the pizzas and delivered to my family.  My 4-year-old LOVED the pepperoni and pesto pizza.  So much so that she ate 4 pieces!!  My 6-year-old was not a fan of the pepperoni and pesto, she said it was too spicy and drank an entire glass of water with her one piece of pizza.
My hubby and I tried both the pepperoni and mozzarella pieces.  Hubby was not impressed with either.  I enjoyed the mozzarella to a point, the cherry tomatoes on it were a bit bitter, but everything else was enjoyable.  The pepperoni, on the other hand, I tend to agree with my daughter, quite bitey.  (This coming from a girl who could eat hot wings all day)  I took one bite of the pizza where the pesto was on top of the pepperoni and it instantly burnt my tongue...so much so that I felt dehydrated and couldn't taste anything the rest of the night!
Might be better for a more organic person looking for a frozen pizza, but for someone who regularly buys stuffed crust 3-Meat pizzas, not the road to go down!
I do appreciate the opportunity to try it however, and if any of my friends wish to try, I still have two $1 off coupons I can send!


No comments:

Post a Comment