Thursday, July 23, 2015

It's Not Photoshop, It's Airbrushed!

Recently, I was given the opportunity to try out a new product available in stores, Sally Hanson Air Brush Legs.  Most of the products I receive to review I receive free, this product I did have to purchase at a reduced price.
The original product was listed in my local Walmart store at $11.74 for a 4 oz bottle.  Financially, this a lot better deal than the Bodyology bottle of tanner I have that costs $27 for 2.8 oz.
There were many different airbrush products in our store:  legs or face, lotion or spray, 5 shades for each (Fairest, Light, Medium, Tan, and Deep).  I chose the Medium Leg Lotion to try out.
I normally stray away from self-tanners because I dislike the orange-glow that they usually give.
The first thing I noticed about this airbrush tanner was the smell.  It did have a rather unpleasant smell to it.  Something I didn't experience with my Bodyology tanner.
The bottle says to use a quarter-sized amount and rub in to legs.  When I squeezed some out, I had my doubts; the color looked dark.  As I spread it out on my legs it seemed to lighten and ended up being not much darker than my tan is now (you know, the tan that I'd been hitting tanning beds and sitting outside for hours since April!).  It spread easily without getting clumpy so my legs ended with a nice even tan.  Dried quickly, within a minute or two.
I was concerned with smearing so I have been checking my black leather couch and my shorts for marks (I applied a few hours ago) and so far no rub-off!!  I also want to note that the original odor out-of-the-bottle went away after application..
I'm pleasantly surprised by the tanning effect of this product.  It doesn't make me look orange, and it's less than half the price of my favorite tanner!
As you can see in the picture, the colors aren't too far off.  Leg on the left is au naturale, I've been tanning since April leg.  Leg on the right is the airbrushed legs.  Nice even tan and it seemed to fade some of my scars!


If you'd like to try this product for yourself, I've been given permission to share this coupon with you for $2 off.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!
Leaving tomorrow early morning to go on our mini-vacation for my birthday.  We finally decided on a destination.  Bushkill Falls in the Poconos.  We originally said about Niagara Falls, NY but Bushkill is half the distance for us and is considered the "Niagara of Pennsylvania."  We're staying at the Budget Inn overnight tomorrow and then coming home sometime Saturday.  Plan on having a nice full day of hiking through the waterfalls, mini golfing, paddle boats, mining for gems, yummy food.  Perfect birthday!!  Full review with pictures at a later date, promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment