Sunday, January 11, 2015

Battle...Lost

It's official...and I can't post anything on facebook because she wants to keep it quiet while she passes.  But my mom has lost the fight with cancer.
They stopped her chemotherapy, and she started hospice last Thursday.  The doctor said it could be two days, two weeks, two months.  But it won't be long.  At this point she's considered stage 5 cancer, which is irreversible.
They told my brother, who had no emotional reaction whatsoever.  Maybe he's still in denial...who knows?  They didn't want to tell me because they knew how hard I would take it.  I've always been mommy's girl.  All this as I was dropping off the girls to head in to work.
Left work after two hours and came home.  Dad tried explaining to Viv that grandma would soon be going to heaven to be with Audrey.  He also asked me about the odds of us being able to move back in to the house.  He won't be able to keep it going, keep it clean.  Plus it's 3-bedroom, which he won't need if it's just him.
I said that we'd just renewed our lease for another year.  We requested a transfer into a 3-bedroom.  If he would choose to sell the house, he could come stay with us if we can get transferred.  But then I also said about our dream of moving to Florida next year...and that he would be able to come with.  Realistically next year is the soonest that move could occur; our credit is going to get fixed up this year with income tax returns so that hopefully next year it's good enough to get approved for a mortgage.
It's all just so much.  I called Alicia on the way to work...she cried on the phone with me.  Chrissy helped, she always seems to know the right things to say.  But she'll be moving to KY soon.
Jeff...I don't know if it struck a note with him because he wasn't able to be around when his parents passed...but he was distant.  When I need him the most, him not comforting me hurts.
My mom doesn't want people to know, doesn't want everyone stopping by and reminiscing and "praying" because at this rate...prayers can't help her anymore.  She wants to go peacefully.  I can't even picture my life without having my mom in it, who to call when things get rough, when I have a question, when Viv does something spectacular in school and I want to brag to someone who will be just as proud as me.
She won't even get to see Schylar on her first day of school...Vivi's first softball game (following in her grandma's footsteps) which will be this spring.  She wasn't supposed to go this soon...she's too young.

No comments:

Post a Comment